Going for a trip? Although it sounds exciting, one has to go through tons of nerve-racking processes while planning it. Here, I am going to break down the trip planning process into 5 simple steps, that will help you cut some confusion and plan a trip without any hustle.
5 Simple Steps: How to Plan a trip?
Step 1: Finalize the Key factors of the trip
Choose a place:
While a lot of people set their next trip destination almost when they come back from their last trip, There are other big factors that are to be kept in mind before finalizing the destination.
The below factors are to be kept in mind before finalizing your destination.
1. Tourist Season
2. Connectivity from your place
3. Travel time
Set a budget:
Once you have finalized your destination, you have to set a budget for your whole trip.
Follow the below steps to finalize your budget:
1. Calculate travel charges, to and from your destination.
2. Set an estimate for your food and stay expenditure by doing some research online with the help of other traveler’s reviews.
3. Search for local travel options like cheap car/bike rentals. Add that estimation to your budget.
4. Check for other travel expenditures like entry fees, camera charges, cloakroom charges, etc. and add it to your estimated budget.
Step 2: Confirm your booking in advance
Keeping your budget in mind, confirm the following bookings in advance:
1. Travel booking:
Book flight/bus/train tickets for both the going and return journeys. It is suggested to book refundable tickets to keep some room for any last-minute change of plans.
Select your hotel(s) and book your room(s) in advance. Do not forget to discuss the refund policy in case of any last-minute changes. If you are using any third party for your hotel booking, go through their terms and conditions before making advance payments.
3. Local Transportation
Most of the hotels provide their own cab services. If not, you may ask the hotel receptionists for nearby rental services. It is better to finalize your local travel before you reach your travel destination. As usually during the tourist seasons, most of the rental services get fully booked. This saves your effort and time.
Step 3: Prepare a to-do list for tour and activities
Go through the official tourism website of that place and finalize the spots that you will be covering in the duration of your visit.
Step 4: Pack Intelligently
Start packing at least 2-3 days before the journey. This practice will let you be stress-free on the day of travel.
Here are some quick tips for smart packing:
1. Pack lightweight clothes. Instead of packing jackets or jeans, pack micro-fleece pullovers or track pants with a lighter fabric.
2. Do not pack wrinkled clothes. It is a fact that un-ironed clothes take up more space as compared to nice crisp ironed clothes.
3. Wear your heavy jackets and good boots/shoes, so as to save some room in your backpack.
4. Never forget to pack a small First Aid kit.
5. Do not pack too many toiletries. You can always use the hotel freebies, or buy them on your arrival.
6. Leave a little space in your luggage for souvenirs.
Related Post : 5 Must-Have Travel Essentials That Will Make Packing Easy
Step 5: Double-check all the important reservations and documents in a week advance
Double-check, even triple check below checklist to be sure:
1. Plane/Train/Bus ticket
2. Hotel/Local transportation booking confirmation
3. Passports(if traveling Abroad)
4. Visa(if traveling Abroad)
5. Personal IDs
6. First Aid Kit and important medications
7. Entertainment kit
9. Finances(money and cards)
10. All of your luggage
Related Kewords: plan trip,plan trip app,plan trip australia new zealand,plan trip around europe,plan trip around the world,plan trip amtrak,plan trip across country,plan trip australia,plan trip across europe,plan trip amsterdam,plan trip across america,plan trip at certain time,plan trip around australia,plan trip america,plan trip around traffic,plan trip around italy,plan trip arrival time,plan trip around america,plan trip application,how to plan a ptrip,how to plan a trip abroad,how to plan a trip alone,how to plan a trip across america,how to plan a trip around the world,how to plan a trip around europe,how to plan a trip around australia,how to plan a trip and make payments,how to plan a trip across europe,how to plan a trip around asia,how to plan a trip app,how to plan a trip around the us,how to plan a trip around italy,how to plan a trip across canada,how to plan a trip a year in advance,how to plan a trip across the usa,how to plan a trip across the country,how to plan a trip around the uk,how to plan a trip across the us,how to plan a trip around south america,how to plan a trip around southeast asia,how to plan a trip by yourself,how to plan a trip budget,how to plan a trip by train,how to plan a trip by car,how to plan a trip backpacking through europe,how to plan a trip to bali,how to plan a trip to bhutan from india,how to plan a trip to bethel new york,how to plan a trip to bora bora,how to plan a trip to banff,how to plan a trip to bangkok and pattaya,how to plan a trip to barcelona,how to plan a trip to bhutan,how to plan a trip to bahamas,how to plan a trip to bali from india,how to plan a trip to belize,how to plan a trip to banff national park,how to plan a trip to bangkok,how to plan a trip to big sur,how to plan a trip from bangalore to ooty,how to plan a trip cross country,how to plan a trip cheap,how to plan a trip checklist,how to plan a trip chile,how to plan a trip cuba,how to plan a trip to california,how to plan a trip to costa rica,how to plan a trip to canada,how to plan a trip to colorado,how to plan a trip to cancun,how to plan a trip to china,how to plan a trip to croatia,how to plan a ski trip to colorado,trip planner, crazy trip, crazy trip planner, plan crazy trip,trip a deal, go and plan trip, go trip plan