Step 1: Finalize the Key factors of the trip
Choose a place:
While a lot of people set their next trip destination almost when they come back from their last trip. There are other big factors that are to be kept in mind before finalizing the destination.
Below factors are to be kept in mind before finalizing your destination.
1. Tourist Season
2. Connectivity from your place
3. Travel time
Set a budget:
Once you have finalized your destination, next you have to set a budget for your whole trip.
Follow the below steps to finalize your budget:
1. Calculate travel charges, to and from your destination.
2. Set an estimate for your food and stay expenditure by doing some research online with the help of other traveler’s reviews.
3. Search for local travel options like cheap car/bike rentals. Add that estimation to your budget.
4. Check for other travel expenditures like entry fees, camera charges, cloakroom charges, etc. and add it to your estimated budget.
Step 2: Confirm your booking in advance
Keeping your budget in mind, confirm the following bookings in advance:
1. Travel booking:
Book flight/bus/train tickets for both going and return journey. It is suggested to book refundable tickets to keep some room for any last moment change of plans.
Select your hotel(s) and book your room(s) in advance. Do not forget to discuss the refund policy in case of any last moment changes. If you are using any third party for your hotel booking, go through their terms and condition before making advance payments.
3. Local Transportation
Most of the hotels provide their own cab services. If not, you may ask the hotel receptionists for the nearby rental services. It is better to finalize your local travel before you reach your travel destination. As usually during the tourist seasons, most of the rentals services get fully booked. This saves your effort and time.
Step 3: Prepare a to-do list for tour /activities
Go through the official tourism website of that place and finalize the spots that you will be covering in the duration of your visit.
Step 4: Pack Intelligently
Start packing at least 2-3 days before the journey. This practice will let you be stress-free on the day of travel.
Here are some quick tips for smart packing:
1. Pack light-weight clothes. Instead of packing jackets or jeans, pack micro-fleece pullover or track pants with a lighter fabric.
2. Do not pack wrinkled clothes. It is a fact that un-ironed clothes take more space as compared to nice crisp ironed clothes.
3. Wear your heavy jackets and good boots/shoes, so as to save some room in your backpack.
4. Never forget to pack a small First Aid kit.
5. Do not pack too many toiletries. You can always use the hotel freebies, or buy them on your arrival.
6. Leave a little space in your luggage for souvenirs.
Step 5: Double-check all the important reservations and documents in a week advance
Double-check, even triple check below checklist to be sure:
1. Plane/Train/Bus ticket
2. Hotel/Local transportation booking confirmation
3. Passports(if traveling Abroad)
4. Visa(if traveling Abroad)
5. Personal IDs
6. First Aid Kit and important medications
7. Entertainment kit
9. Finances(money and cards)
10. All of your luggage
Hope the article was helpful.If you are having some other planning cheats and tricks please do share them in the comment section below.